Tools & Technologies
We consider ourselves to be lucky to be working in a field where open sharing of knowledge is taken for granted. Needless to say, we are thrilled to be using and learning from a vast selection of open source software and we try to give back as much as we can. Our favorite tools and frameworks in no particular order (of course we handle the alternatives too):
- Puppet - We love it, and use it every day for our automation needs
- Vagrant - This is where we test our configs before deployment
- Docker - We are very excited about this new tool and exploring it
- PostgreSQL - Our database of choice
- Git - Version all the things
Actually, we use many more smaller tools, too numerous to mention here. You might want to check out our blog for more information. Viamentis is always committed to the best practices in configuration management and server operations. We rigorously follow them, but we are also constantly pushing our boundaries of what's possible and try to innovate and improve our processes along the way.